T4: Tools Trades Torque Tech
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
What is T4?
T4 introduces students to workforce skills, needs, training and networking opportunities with industry leaders and technicians!
How do we expect young people to dream if they don’t know what they can dream about? Opportunities for industry career exploration give young people broader exposure to the working world they will one day enter. It helps them “connect the dots” between school and career in ways that keep them motivated to learn the skills they will need for the future.
Students who attend will participate in sessions and see demonstrations from leaders in the following career industries:
- Agriculture (Precision Agriculture)
- Aviation/Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Cyber Security
- Bio Science
- Trades: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical Systems, Building Construction, Welding
- Land Surveying and Civil Engineering Technology
- Energy Careers Including:
- Electrical Power, Electrical Transmission Systems, Energy Services & Renewable Technician, Instrumentation & Control, Line worker, Mechanical Maintenance, Nuclear Power, Petroleum Production, Power Generation, Process Technology, Water & Wastewater, Green Energy Innovation and Research, Lignite Technology
All sessions and demonstrations will be presented and facilitated
by industry professionals and educators!
Why Industry Career Exploration Matters
- Industry career exploration experiences and opportunities can improve academic performance.
- Industry career exploration opportunities improve the attitudes of young people and provide motivation about their industry career possibilities.
- Industry career exploration improves students’ knowledge of career options, encouraging them to develop and work toward goals during their critical years.
- With a better understanding of the working world, young people can more easily envision how they fit successfully into the world.
- Once students know what preparation is needed for specific industry careers, participants will become better able to set realistic goals for themselves and pursue them.
- Students participating in industry career exploration programs are more likely to enroll in career, technology, and academy courses based on future goals.
- Connecting students, and their parents, to industry career exploration at an earlier age is imperative to raising awareness of, and interest in industry career, internship, and apprenticeship options available today and in the future.
We are always looking for new partners to help build T4, and your involvement can make a big difference!
- Industry Leaders have the opportunity to share needs, provide guidance, give feedback and provide resources. More Info
- Education: Industry leaders can be a part of creating and implementing programming by primary, secondary and post-secondary education and training organizations.
- Community: Industry leaders can facilitate community conversation.
We are taking special precautions in regard to COVID-19.
WATFORD CITY, ND | APRIL 14 & 15
T4 sessions are planned for grades 7-9 on April 14, 2021 and grades 10-12 on April 15, 2021 in Watford City. Stay tuned for updates on other possible locations!
Our Programs and Initiatives
The North Dakota Petroleum Foundation operates several programs, events and initiatives aimed at providing and supporting education and outreach opportunities related to the oil and gas industry; developing and advancing quality of life initiatives; and, promoting and enhancing the conservation heritage of North Dakota.
BAKKEN ROCKS COOKFEST
Held in two communities each summer, this free festival offers food, music, games and activities for kids, and the opportunity to meet and learn from oil and gas companies and their employees operating in our state.
PLANTING FOR THE FUTURE
Planting for the Future is a habitat and conservation program that provides trees and shrubs for large-scale planting projects to private landowners, city and county parks, and others interested in building habitat for the future.
TEACHER EDUCATION SEMINAR
This seminar offers educators the opportunity to earn continuing education credits while learning about the oil industry, touring a rig and other oilfield facilities, ideas to take back to the classroom.
NORTH DAKOTA ENERGY EDUCATION
The ND Energy Education program offers free educational tools, resources and seminars to both students and teachers to help them learn more about North Dakota's oil and natural gas industry and explore energy in STEM.
AL GOLDEN SCHOLARSHIP
Named after North Dakota oil pioneer, the Al Golden Scholarship awards a $2,000 scholarship each year to up to nine students pursuing post-secondary education or training in an energy-related field.
PICK UP THE PATCH
This award-winning program brings oil and natural gas companies and their employees together with members of the community to keep our communities and roadways clean with huge community-wide events and Adopt-a-Highway programs.
BAKKEN CLASSIC club
The Bakken Classic Club is dedicated to enhancing habitat and access to the outdoors throughout North Dakota. Members participate in the annual Bakken Classic Fishing Derby to raise money for conservation projects and partner organizations.
CHARITY & INITIATIVES
The North Dakota Petroleum Foundation continues to support and partner with charitable and civic organizations through sponsorship, in-kind assistance and contributions, volunteerism, and resource drives, and more.
Our Partners & Sponsors
- Assured Partners Energy
- Continental Resources
- Crescent Point
- Denbury Resources
- Endless Tubing
- EOG Resources
- Grayson Mill Energy
- Hess Corporation
- Iron Oil
- Marathon Oil
- Outrigger Energy
- Petro-Hunt, LLC
- Precise Transport