- This event has passed.
Bakken Classic Fishing Derby
July 20 @ 6:00 am UTC+0
The 9th Annual Bakken Classic Fishing Derby will be held on July 20, 2022 at the Four Bears Casino and Marina. This charity tournament is open to Bakken Conservation Club members and is limited to 100 three-person teams.
7:30 a.m. – Flight One shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
7:45 a.m. – Flight Two boats in the water
8:00 a.m. – Flight Two shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
2:00 p.m. – Scale opens
2:30 a.m. – Flight One boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:00 p.m. – Flight Two boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:30 p.m. – Social and awards
- Each team shall have one (1) individual fisherman who is a member of the Conservation Club Contributor ($200 donation) OR an employee of a company that is a contributor.
- All non-Native American participants 16 years or older must possess a North Dakota fishing license. Native American participants 16 years or older must possess either a state or tribal fishing license.
- Team consists of no more than three (3) fishermen per boat.
- All anglers must be in the same vehicle at the time of inspection and boat launch.
- Teams will be divided into two flights:
a. Flight One: all boats must be in the water by the main ramp by 7:15 a.m. with shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.
b. Flight Two: all boats must be in the water and gathered in the bay on the west side of point by 7:45 a.m. with shotgun start at 8:00 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.
- Each fisherman is allowed to fish with two (2) rods.
- This is not a catch and release tournament.
- Weigh-in will be the top six (6) fish of each boat, with a maximum ten (10) fish per boat. Culling is not allowed. Once you have kept 10 fish you are done fishing and must weigh in. Patrol boat checkers will be randomly boarding boats to check fish. Non-compliance will result in disqualification.
- No fish other than walleye, sauger or saugeye shall be allowed in boats. Minimum fish length is 14 inches.
- Flight One boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 2:30 p.m. Flight Two boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 3:00 p.m.
a. Five (5) minutes late will result in a 10% dockage of total weight.
b. Teams more than five (5) minutes late will be disqualified from weigh-in. Official weigh-in will follow.
- All participants must have life jackets on while traveling above trolling speed.
- All current North Dakota Game & Fish Department and Three Affiliated Tribes Game and Fish regulations must be followed.
- 75% of entry fees will be paid out in prizes.
|1||Tyler Dokken, Alex Vournas, Jason Haugen|
|2||Ron Ness, Larry Dokken, Channing Dokken|
|3||Cory Ghering, Jason Hicks, Grant Veit|
|4||Bradley Mayer, BJ Martin, Pat Knipp|
|5||Lee Stein, TBD, TBD|
|6||Martin Construction Inc (TBD)|
|7||John Walsh, Tim Furlong, Matt Leavitt|
|8||Cole Frenzel, Mike Gayda, Grant Miller|
|9||Zach Jackson, Kris Heidelberger, Tanner Jessen|
|10||Ethan Pardon, Cody Nickle, Jesse VerBruggen|
|11||Bobb McKeehen, Bobby Little, Ryan King|
|12||Chad Miller, TBD, TBD|
|13||Kenny Lyson, TBD, TBD|
|14||Grant Slick, Evan Vettel, Shane Vettel|
|15||Leif Schonteich, Brian Fettig, TBD|
|16||Ryan Schmaltz, Steve Schmaltz, Shane Cardinal|
|17||Kevin McElvaney, Ryan Trustem, Kevin McElvaney|
|18||Jonathan Ficek, Randy Taylor, Keith Karow|
|19||Jeff Bares, Travis Hennix, TBD|
|20||Patrick Feeney, Joey Olson|
|25||Scott Meschke, Brad Miller, Matthew Kostelecky|
|26||Jody Tuhy, Brian Grote, Shane Klier|
|27||Alex Koerner, Kevin Spicka, Chris Longie|
|28||Paul McClennen, Chip Eklund, Jeff Enzminger|
|29||Jeff Skaare, Jake Geltel, Don Radke|
|30||Kurt Swenson, TBD , TBD|
|31||Jeremy Rudolph, Keith Nixon, Scott Reid|
|32||Ryan Kopseng, TBD, TBD|
|33||Austin Maxwell, Mitch Onkes, Austin Nielson|
|34||Derrick Hecker, Matt Ristow , Clayton Caywood|
|35||Brian Skabo, Jon Breding, Brooks Holmen|
|36||Darren Schmidt, Jim Hughs, John Hamling|
|37||Sheldon Meidinger, Chris Staats, Nick Bear|
|38||Craig Seykora, Shawn Barney,|
|39||Total Safety – Trent Boyce, Jeff Boyce, Justin Boyce|
|40||Matt Odegard, Aaron Faken, Jaret Wirtz|
|41||Wayne Stubstad, Jory Buchweitz, Scott Plavney|
|42||Alan Lick, Tim Sandstrom, Keenan Foy|
|44||Scott Andren, Mark Bakke, Travis Simnioniw|
|46||Brad Hinz, Nathan Miller, Israel Garza|
|47||Tom Bachmeier, TBD, TBD|
|48||Josh Knoll, Dan Sadek, Jacorian Goldmann|
|49||Gert Crouzer, TBD , TBD|
|50||Mac Rohr, TBD, TBD|
|51||Cory Baisch, Eric Rensvold, Pat Kunick|
|52||Nathan Washek, Steve Klein, Kevin Hansen|
|53||George Haux, Jaron Long, Adam Lalim|
|54||Jim Grosulak, Dusty Grosulak, TBD|
|55||Derek Carda, Bob Murphy, TBD|
|56||Adam Ries, Jake Jackson, Josh Halvorson|
|57||Greg Steiner, John Harju, Charlie Gorecki|
|58||Josh Ruscheinsky, Andy Aga, Frankie Burgard|
|59||Nick Whitney, Casey Kaubisch, Brad Arbuckle|
|60||Brian Inches, Michael Peschges, TBD|
|61||Anthony Muggerud, Eric Harmel, Garrett Rehak|
|62||Robert Harms, Gunther Harms, Karl Merk|
|63||Dean Arnson, Lonnie Brannin, Shane Lockwood|
|64||Thomas Berscheid, Delbert Glaser,|
|65||Joel Smelley, Garvin Leintz, Jared Daniels|
|66||Kole Brown, Ira Walter, Andy Petras|
|67||Caleb Eide, Logan Stoner, Angelo Vournas|
|68||Sterling Sannon, Tom Giffey , Shane Smith|
|69||Sidney Lauver, Brad Herr, Brandon Reichenberger|
|70||Heidi Gunwall, McKaya Hibbs, Brent Heim|
|71||Jeff Holte, Parker Moran, Darin Kirby|
202 Frontage Road
New Town, ND
There is a room block for fishing derby participants and volunteers at the Little Missouri Inn & Suites in New Town. Call (701) 627-4488 and ask for a room in the North Dakota Petroleum Foundation block.
*The ND Petroleum Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit. The $300 contribution to the Conservation Club supports the Foundation’s conservation and habitat programs and is tax-deductible. The $100 is the entry fee and at least 75% of total entry fees collected will be distributed as prizes per ND Game and Fish rules.