Bakken Classic Fishing Derby
July 20 @ 6:00 am UTC+0
The 9th Annual Bakken Classic Fishing Derby will be held on July 20, 2022 at the Four Bears Casino and Marina. This charity tournament is open to Bakken Conservation Club members and is limited to 100 three-person teams.
7:30 a.m. – Flight One shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
7:45 a.m. – Flight Two boats in the water
8:00 a.m. – Flight Two shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
2:00 p.m. – Scale opens
2:30 a.m. – Flight One boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:00 p.m. – Flight Two boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:30 p.m. – Social and awards
- Each team shall have one (1) individual fisherman who is a member of the Conservation Club Contributor ($200 donation) OR an employee of a company that is a contributor.
- All non-Native American participants 16 years or older must possess a North Dakota fishing license. Native American participants 16 years or older must possess either a state or tribal fishing license.
- Team consists of no more than three (3) fishermen per boat.
- All anglers must be in the same vehicle at the time of inspection and boat launch.
- Teams will be divided into two flights:
a. Flight One: all boats must be in the water by the main ramp by 7:15 a.m. with shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.
b. Flight Two: all boats must be in the water and gathered in the bay on the west side of point by 7:45 a.m. with shotgun start at 8:00 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.
- Each fisherman is allowed to fish with two (2) rods.
- This is not a catch and release tournament.
- Weigh-in will be the top six (6) fish of each boat, with a maximum ten (10) fish per boat. Culling is not allowed. Once you have kept 10 fish you are done fishing and must weigh in. Patrol boat checkers will be randomly boarding boats to check fish. Non-compliance will result in disqualification.
- No fish other than walleye, sauger or saugeye shall be allowed in boats. Minimum fish length is 14 inches.
- Flight One boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 2:30 p.m. Flight Two boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 3:00 p.m.
a. Five (5) minutes late will result in a 10% dockage of total weight.
b. Teams more than five (5) minutes late will be disqualified from weigh-in. Official weigh-in will follow.
- All participants must have life jackets on while traveling above trolling speed.
- All current North Dakota Game & Fish Department and Three Affiliated Tribes Game and Fish regulations must be followed.
- 75% of entry fees will be paid out in prizes.
202 Frontage Road
New Town, ND
There is a room block for fishing derby participants and volunteers at the Little Missouri Inn & Suites in New Town. Call (701) 627-4488 and ask for a room in the North Dakota Petroleum Foundation block.
*The ND Petroleum Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit. The $300 contribution to the Conservation Club supports the Foundation’s conservation and habitat programs and is tax-deductible. The $100 is the entry fee and at least 75% of total entry fees collected will be distributed as prizes per ND Game and Fish rules.