Bakken Classic Fishing Derby
July 19 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0
The 10th Annual Bakken Classic Fishing Derby will be held on July 19, 2023 at the Four Bears Casino and Marina. This charity tournament is open to Bakken Conservation Club members and is limited to 100 three-person teams.
7:15 a.m. – Flight One boats in the water
7:30 a.m. – Flight One shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
7:45 a.m. – Flight Two boats in the water
8:00 a.m. – Flight Two shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
2:00 p.m. – Scale opens
2:30 a.m. – Flight One boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:00 p.m. – Flight Two boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:30 p.m. – Social and awards
Dinner sponsored by Weatherford
- Each team shall have one (1) individual fisherman who is a member of the Conservation Club Contributor ($300 donation) OR an employee of a company that is a contributor.
- All non-Native American participants 16 years or older must possess a North Dakota fishing license. Native American participants 16 years or older must possess either a state or tribal fishing license.
- Team consists of no more than three (3) fishermen per boat.
- All anglers must be in the same vehicle at the time of inspection and boat launch.
- Teams will be divided into two flights:a. Flight One: all boats must be in the water by the main ramp by 7:15 a.m. with shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.b. Flight Two: all boats must be in the water and gathered in the bay on the west side of point by 7:45 a.m. with shotgun start at 8:00 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.
- Each fisherman is allowed to fish with two (2) rods.
- This is not a catch and release tournament.
- Weigh-in will be the top six (6) fish of each boat, with a maximum ten (10) fish per boat. Culling is not allowed. Once you have kept 10 fish you are done fishing and must weigh in. Patrol boat checkers will be randomly boarding boats to check fish. Non-compliance will result in disqualification.
- No fish other than walleye, sauger or saugeye shall be allowed in boats. Minimum fish length is 14 inches.
- Flight One boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 2:30 p.m. Flight Two boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 3:00 p.m.a. Five (5) minutes late will result in a 10% dockage of total weight.b. Teams more than five (5) minutes late will be disqualified from weigh-in. Official weigh-in will follow.
- All participants must have life jackets on while traveling above trolling speed.
- All current North Dakota Game & Fish Department and Three Affiliated Tribes Game and Fish regulations must be followed.
- 75% of entry fees will be paid out in prizes.
|Team #||Team Members||Sponsoring Company|
|1||Tyler Dokken, Alex Vournas, Jason Haugen||(Hess Corporation)|
|2||Alan Lick, Sean Knutson, Keenan Foy||(Hess Corporation)|
|3||Caleb Eide, Logan Stoner, Angelou Vournas||(Hess Corporation)|
|5||Ron Ness, Larry Dokken, Channing Dokken||(North Dakota Petroleum Council)|
|6||Ryan Schmaltz, Steve Schmaltz, Shane Cardinal||(North Dakota One Call)|
|7||Ryan Kopseng, TBD, TBD||(Missouri River Royalty Corporation)|
|8||Travis Hennix, Jeff Bares , TBD||(Bares Diesel Service)|
|9||Nick Whitney, Casey Kaubish, Brad Arbuckle||(Enerplus)|
|10||Scott Meschke, Brad Miller, Matthew Kostelecky||(Kirkwood Bank & Trust)|
|11||Jeremy Rudolph, Keith Nixon, TBD||(Pathfinder Inspections & Field Services, LLC )|
|12||Pathfinder Inspections & Field Services, LLC|
|13||Josh Ruscheinsky, Andy Aga, Frankie Bugard||(Empire Energy Services, Inc)|
|14||Chad Miller, Toby Hauck, Mike Kruger||(ND Energy Services)|
|15||Jeff Skaare, Don Radke, Jake Geltel||(Thru Tubing Solutions)|
|16||Kenny Lyson, Ray Poitra, Wayne Black||(MHA Energy Division)|
|17||Cory Ghering, TBD, TBD||(Baranko Bros., Inc.)|
|18||Baranko Bros., Inc.|
|19||Brian Inches, Michael Peschges, Jared Lisman||(Ideal Completions)|
|20||Jeff Holte, Darin Kirby, Parker Moran||(Petroleum Experience, Inc.)|
|21||Kole Brown, Jace Ryals, Ira Walter||(Pembina Pipeline Corporation)|
|22||Sid Lauver, Brad Herr, Craig Ronglien||(Pembina Pipeline Corporation)|
|23||Tommy Berscheid, Delbert Glaser, Wade Blakenbaker||(Jacam Chemicals 2013 LLC)|
|24||Derrick Hecker, Clayton Caywood , Matt Ristow||(Butler Machinery)|
|25||Jody Tuhy, Shane Klier, Nathan Helms||(Balon Corporation)|
|26||Brian Skabo, Brooks Holmen, Jon Breding||(Dry Fork Supply)|
|27||Darren Schmidt, James Sorensen, John Hamling||(Energy & Environmental Research Center)|
|28||Cole Frenzel, Mike Gayda, Grant Miller||(Ironworks, Inc.)|
|29||John Walsh, Tim Furlong, Matt Leavitt||(Maverick Water Resources)|
|30||Jim Grosulak, Craig Barta, TBD||(Wyoming Casing )|
|31||Wyoming Casing , TBD, TBD|
|32||Adam Ries, Jake Jackson, TBD||(Devon Energy)|
|34||Matt McCasson, Jeremy Wilson, JP Lohnes||(Pembina Pipeline Corporation)|
|35||Sheldon Meidinger, Chris Staats, Nick Bear||(Marathon)|
|36||Dave Searle, TBD, TBD||(NDPC)|
|37||Mark Bakke, Travis Simnioniw, Christy Follmer||(Continental Resources, Inc.)|
|38||Leif Schonteich, Brian Fettig, TBD||(Terracon Consultants, Inc.)|
|39||Matt Odegard, Grant Slick, TBD||(Ae2S)|
|40||Mac Rohr, Leland Krueger, Chris Kubas||(Weatherford )|
|41||Neil Birkeland, Alexis Kueffler, Jay Wells||(Nabors Drilling)|
|42||Delta Constructors, LLC||(Delta Constructors, LLC)|
|43||Delta Constructors, LLC|
|48||Scott Plavney, Jory Buchweitz, Ken Bland||(Hess Veterans/On The Water)|
|49||John Harju, Daryl Andersen, Greg Steiner||(UND EERC)|
|50||Ashley Scholl, Doug Moore, Todd Peterson||(MAP General Mechanical Contractors)|
|51||George Haux, Jaron Long, Adam Lalim||(WellPro)|
|52||Bradley Mayer, BJ Martin, Pat Knipp||(Martin Construction Inc.)|
|53||Ryan Fleeman, TBD, TBD||(Martin Construction Inc.)|
|54||Martin Construction Inc.||(Martin Construction Inc.)|
|55||Jonathan Ficek, Jordan Maher, TBD||(WellPro Inc)|
|56||Ryan Erickson, Shawn Helde, Josh Jany||(Nine Energy Service)|
|57||Linsey Lair, John Erdmann, Shane Britain||(Bell Supply Company )|
|58||Ty Mitchell, Mark Hess, Barry Kraiter||(Revelator Services, LLC)|
|59||Shawn Barney, Joe Olson, David Cantelow||(Geneva Equipment)|
|60||Brian Lund, Justin Murray, Rene Palacios||(TechnipFMC)|
|61||Jeremy Ficek, Kyle Lair, Chris Lemons||(Victaulic)|
|62||Trent Boyce, Tanner Winckler, Jeff Boyce||(Total Safety)|
|63||Rob Fetherson, TBD, TBD||(Veit & Company, Inc.)|
|64||Dan Aune, Myles Badinger, TBD||(WellPro Inc.)|
|65||Israel Garza, Glen Alexander, Aaron Janz||(Miller Insulation)|
|66||Trevor Kalberer, Sam Rushing, Brad Hatter||(TTK Enterprises, LLC)|
|67||Brendan Keeler, Jason Privratsky, Jason Balliet||(Panther Pressure Testers Inc)|
|68||Tom Kalberer, Nick Czahoroski, Bones Christensen||(Panther Pressure Testers Inc)|
|69||Doug Lenz, Carson Dokken, Louis Alvarado||(Panther Pressure Testers Inc)|
|70||Marathon Petroleum Corporation|
|71||Marathon Petroleum Corporation|
|72||Marathon Petroleum Corporation|
If you have any questions, contact Tessa Sandstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-557-3972.
Wednesday, July 19, 2023
202 Frontage Road
New Town, ND
There is a room block for fishing derby participants and volunteers at the Little Missouri Inn & Suites in New Town. Call (701) 627-4488 and ask for a room in the North Dakota Petroleum Foundation block.
$300 Contribution* to ND Petroleum Foundation’s Conservation Club + $100 Entry Fee to Tournament
Each participant will receive a performance shirt. Click here for sizes.
*The ND Petroleum Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit. The $300 contribution to the Conservation Club supports the Foundation’s conservation and habitat programs and is tax-deductible. The $100 is the entry fee and at least 75% of total entry fees collected will be distributed as prizes per ND Game and Fish rules.
We are offering a limited number of sponsorships for this year’s derby.
WEIGH STATION SPONSOR - $1,500
LEADERBOARD SPONSOR - $500
BIG FISH SPONSOR
DOOR PRIZE SPONSOR
2023 PREMIER PARTNERS
Our events and efforts aren't possible without the support of our members. Thanks to all our Premier Partners for their sponsorship! Learn more about becoming a Premier Partner here.