Bakken Classic Fishing Derby
July 16 @ 6:00 am CDT
The 11th Annual Bakken Classic Fishing Derby will be held on Tuesday, July 16, 2024 at the Four Bears Casino and Marina. This charity tournament helps raise money for the North Dakota Petroleum Foundation’s conservation efforts and other programs.
7:15 a.m. – Flight One (Boats 1-50) boats in the water
7:30 a.m. – Flight One (Boats 1-50) shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
7:45 a.m. – Flight Two (Boats 51-100) boats in the water
8:00 a.m. – Flight Two (Boats 51-100) shotgun start – Pontoon will wave you off
2:00 p.m. – Weigh Station Opens
2:30 a.m. – Flight One boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:00 p.m. – Flight Two boats must report back & weigh-in (Check in with pontoon if ramp is backed up)
3:30 p.m. – Social begins
Circa 5 p.m. – Door Prize Drawing following the weigh-ins. Must be present to win, so make plans to stick around!
Circa 5:15 p.m. – Awards
- Each team shall have one (1) individual fisherman who is a member of the Conservation Club Contributor ($300 donation) OR an employee of a company that is a contributor.
- All non-Native American participants 16 years or older must possess a North Dakota fishing license. Native American participants 16 years or older must possess either a state or tribal fishing license.
- Team consists of no more than three (3) fishermen per boat.
- All anglers must be in the same vehicle at the time of inspection and boat launch.
- Teams will be divided into two flights:a. Flight One: all boats must be in the water by the main ramp by 7:15 a.m. with shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.b. Flight Two: all boats must be in the water and gathered in the bay on the west side of point by 7:45 a.m. with shotgun start at 8:00 a.m. A pontoon will wave a flag to signal your start.
- Each fisherman is allowed to fish with two (2) rods.
- This is not a catch and release tournament.
- Weigh-in will be the top six (6) fish of each boat, with a maximum ten (10) fish per boat. Culling is not allowed. Once you have kept 10 fish you are done fishing and must weigh in. Patrol boat checkers will be randomly boarding boats to check fish. Non-compliance will result in disqualification.
- No fish other than walleye, sauger or saugeye shall be allowed in boats. Minimum fish length is 14 inches.
- Flight One boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 2:30 p.m. Flight Two boats must be back at the Marina and checked in with a Patrol Pontoon by 3:00 p.m.a. Five (5) minutes late will result in a 10% dockage of total weight.b. Teams more than five (5) minutes late will be disqualified from weigh-in. Official weigh-in will follow.
- All participants must have life jackets on while traveling above trolling speed.
- All current North Dakota Game & Fish Department and Three Affiliated Tribes Game and Fish regulations must be followed.
- 75% of entry fees will be paid out in prizes.
The northern boundary for the fishing tournament will be White Earth Bay and straight south to opposite shoreline. Markers will be placed on shoreline to denote boundary.
The southern boundary will be from Skunk Bay across the lake to the bay on the north side of the lake. A marker on the north side and the metal rooster statue on the hill at the east entrance of Skunk Bay will mark the boundaries.
Patrol boats will be in operation throughout the derby to monitor compliance with boundaries and tournament rules.
If you have any questions, contact Tessa Sandstrom at email@example.com or 701-557-3972.
Tuesday, July 16, 2024
(Make-up day will be Wednesday, July 17 if there is inclement weather)
202 Frontage Road
New Town, ND
$400 per boat (3 anglers per boat)
*The ND Petroleum Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit. $300 of the entry fee is a contribution that supports the Foundation’s conservation and habitat programs and is tax-deductible. The remaining $100 will be distributed as prizes.
We are offering a limited number of sponsorships for this year’s derby.
2024 PREMIER PARTNERS
Our events and efforts aren't possible without the support of our members. Thanks to all our Premier Partners for their sponsorship! Learn more about becoming a Premier Partner here.